This year has created new challenges, but also new opportunities. The team at Los Angeles School of Gymnastics has risen to the occasion and devised a new program of lessons using our outdoor space to keep your children safe, while still making sure they can get the hour of physical activity a day recommended for children by government agencies. If you?re worried about your child?s physical education and activity levels during the COVID-19 pandemic, you may be interested in Los Angeles School of Gymnastics? outdoor gymnastics lessons.
The Department of Health and Human Services, suggests that children and adolescents ages 6 through 17 years do 60 minutes or more of exercises physical activity daily to promote health and fitness for lower body fat, and stronger bones and muscles. There are also brain health benefits for children, including improved memory. It can also help prevent risk factors for various health conditions like heart disease, obesity, and type 2 diabetes.
Guidelines for Children and Adolescents Appropriate for their Age
Gymnastics / Aerobic: It builds flexibility, balance, and strength, all of which will aid an individual in physical development and athletic performance elsewhere.
- 60 minutes or more per day should be either moderate physical activity.
- Include vigorous-intensity physical activity on at least 3 days a week.
Muscle-strengthening: As part of their 60 minutes daily physical activity, they should include muscle-strengthening physical activity on at least 3 days a week. Try out the following:
- Tumbling & Trampoline
- Push-ups, sit-ups and squats
- Lifting Weights
Bone-strengthening: Children and adolescents should include bone-strengthening physical activity on at least 3 days a week.
Try out the following:
- Push-ups, sit-ups and squats
How LASG Teach Gymnastics and Physical Education When Socially Distant
There is difficulty in teaching a discipline like gymnastics while socially distant. Gymnastics, like any physical skill, requires a certain amount of modeling the correct form and correction of improper form. Our exceptionally talented and experienced coaching team, however, are able to work around these safety restrictions while still creating and delivering exceptional lesson plans to impart a broad range of gymnastics skills.
- Prior to class, students line up outside the building, spaced apart, so as not to come into each other?s personal space
- All students will be prompted to use hand sanitizer prior to class, and periodic breaks for hand washing with antibacterial soap will be taken.
- Staff will be wearing masks and gloves at all times.
- Staff will guide by verbal instructions only.
- Staff will sanitize equipment before and after classes, and overnight as well. EPA-registered disinfectant will be used on hard surfaces, and color-safe bleach spray and steam cleaning used on soft surfaces.
Los Angeles School of Gymnastics is dedicated to keeping its staff and students safe. By implementing the CDC?s recommendations, we strive to preserve the physical and mental health of our community.