HIRING COACHES NOW!!
Recreation Levels, Ninja/Parkour, Xcel and
Pre-team for Girls
EMPLOYEE?S CHOICE ON COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Available to interview @ Congress THIS WEEKEND!!
Welcome to the Los Angeles School of Gymnastics, a non-profit 501c3 organization located in the heart of Culver City next door to Google. We are the nation?s leading Center in providing well rounded gymnastics classes, camps, training courses and innovation in the sport. If you are highly energetic, love working with kids and ready to make a career through teaching, we have a position available for you NOW!
JOB TITLE: Gymnastics Instructor , Recreation Level Program
OBJECTIVE: To provide instruction to toddlers/children in the recreational gymnastics program that is consistent with the mission of Los Angeles School of Gymnastics, a non-profit organization serving the community since 1975.
Reports to: Program Director, CFL
Directs: participants, parent/teacher communication, lesson direction
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
Recreational Coach will teach programs for an ALL girls program. This may include programs for girls ages 2 years-teens. Together with Tots, Rollers and Twisters, and SuperTots, as well as instruction in USAG Levels 1-3.
EXAMPLES OF WORK:
- Plan and develop new gymnastics related programs and services.
- Prepares lesson plans for recreational lessons in conjunction with the head instructor.
- Attends meetings pertinent to his or her position.
- Incorporate virtue and character education into all classes that are developmentally appropriate.
Maintain accurate accounting of attendance in all classes.
- Monitor gymnastics equipment for safety, maintenance, and replacement needs.
Fill out accident reports if necessary.
- Help train and orient new staff.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to work with children of all ages, but primarily from ages 2 through 12
- Understanding of gymnastics and USAG progressions for levels 1-3 and/or Xcel levels
- Parent/Teacher communication and excellent student retention
- Ability to think creatively with regard to programming and instruction
- Ability to communicate effectively, establish rapport with participants and their parents, be a team
player in the organization, and exercise good judgement
- Have working knowledge of appropriate technology to grow and enhance program
ACCEPTABLE EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
- High school diploma preferred, but high school students with excellent gymnastics experience are
encouraged to apply
- One to three years working with children in a recreation and/or instructional setting.
- USAG Certification preferred. Willingness to earn certification within one year of start.