If you?re worried about your child?s physical education and activity levels during the COVID-19 pandemic, you may be interested in Los Angeles School of Gymnastics? outdoor gymnastics lessons. Our school has been open for 45 years, and over the decades, we?ve changed our approach and expanded our repertoire to better serve the Los Angeles community. This year has created new challenges, but also new opportunities. The team at Los Angeles School of Gymnastics has risen to the occasion and devised a new program of lessons using our outdoor space to keep your children safe, while still making sure they can get the hour of physical activity a day recommended for children by government agencies.
How to Teach Gymnastics and Physical Education When Socially Distant
There is an inherent difficulty in teaching a discipline like gymnastics while socially distant. Gymnastics, like any physical skill, requires a certain amount of modeling the correct form and correction of improper form. Our exceptionally talented and experienced coaching team, however, are able to work around these safety restrictions while still creating and delivering exceptional lesson plans to impart a broad range of gymnastics skills.
- Prior to class, students line up outside the building, spaced apart, so as not to come into each other?s personal space.
- We offer socially distant classes in our astroturfed outdoor space.
- All students will be prompted to use hand sanitizer prior to class, and periodic breaks for hand washing with antibacterial soap will be taken.
- Staff will be wearing masks and gloves at all times. Staff will guide by verbal instructions only.
- Staff will sanitize equipment before and after classes, and overnight as well. EPA-registered disinfectant will be used on hard surfaces, and color-safe bleach spray and steam cleaning used on soft surfaces.
Los Angeles School of Gymnastics is dedicated to keeping its staff and students safe. By implementing the CDC?s recommendations, we strive to preserve the physical and mental health of our community.
Tumble-tastic Outdoor Gymnastics
The access to an outdoor space provides additional opportunities for a gymnastics academy such as ours to instruct keen students. Strength building, tumbling, beam and vault skills, and more. Outdoor gymnastics helps children develop numerous life skills and gain valuable experience that they can transfer to other areas of their life.
- Gymnastics builds flexibility, balance, and strength, all of which will aid an individual in physical development and athletic performance elsewhere.
- It also encourages the development of perseverance, patience, trust, and the ability to confront and manage risk. Gymnastics is not easy, and it takes courage and trust to put your body on the line in order to acquire new skills, as well as patience to master those skills over time.
- Gymnastics presents an encouraging, safe environment for physical management. It is also a non-competitive environment, where young gymnasts can progress at their own pace, and relationships incentivize support rather than infighting.
If you?d like to enroll your child or children in outdoor gymnastics classes, contact the Los Angeles School of Gymnastics. You can sign up for a free evaluation to place your child in the appropriate class for their skill level.